Skylands DISCussion

The NY/NJ Chatting Place
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:48 pm 

Hello everyone from Skylands Flying disc club, my name is James I'm a fellow disc golfer from Colorado I'm staying with friends of family here in Wanaque NJ for a few more days. I've been trying religiously to get a round in at one of the local courses here in NJ but my attempts have fallen short every time. I brought a couple of my discs with me in hopes to play but it seems as if no one I'm staying with really understands. So now I have started to reach out to some of the local players in the club in hopes of catching a ride with them to the course to play. I am willing to pay for any gas/beer/food required to make the trip. Or maybe you may have some local knowledge on bus routes that could get me close enough to walk. I know this may be a little strange or out of the blue but any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:48 pm 

This forum has been pretty dead for a while now; all the cool kids are on Facebook now, you know.

If you don't hear anything back, search for the Skylands Facebook group and post your request there.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:41 am 

I was trying to post on the FB group but I was never accept over the 2 days I had available to go, never had a chance to post. Thanks though

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:53 am 

There's Campgaw doubles tonight in Mahwah at 6 pm if you're able to find someone to give you a ride. There's a facebook group for the course called "Campgaw Mountain Disc Golf Course." If you want to post to see if anyone is able to give you a ride (assuming you don't have one of your own), I'm able to approve new members and will assure you're added to the group quickly.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:52 pm 

There are some Facebook holdouts....

Jeb, Did you find anyone?